Date of Last Revision: 03/23/2018
A Commitment to Your Privacy
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that we collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites, including websites you may access through the Website or to information you provide to or is collected by any third party.
What Information Do We Collect?
Information collected online can generally be categorized as anonymous or personally identifiable. Anonymous information is information that cannot be connected to the identity of a specific individual. Personally identifiable information is information that specifically identifies a particular user, such as name, address, email, or phone number. An example of anonymous information is the fact that, while the Website may record the number of logins that occur in a given period of time, it does not necessarily tell us the names or other identifying information of every visitor. Many users of the Website will choose not to provide any personally identifiable information; therefore, those individuals are anonymous to us, and any data collected about their use of this website is anonymous information. However, personally identifiable information we collect when asking our users to fill in forms on the Website, through the ability of our users to report problems they experience with the Website, records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers) if you contact us, your responses to any surveys we ask you to complete for any research purposes, your search queries on the Website, may be collected.
You may provide information to be published or displayed (“Posted”) on public areas of any websites you access through the use of our Website such as (but not limited to) any social media sites (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we will use our best efforts to protect your information and guard it as our own, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Automatic Information Collection
When you access and use our Website, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use our Website, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Website, including traffic data, location of data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Website.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The Website also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts and address book information.
- Location Information. The Website collects real-time information about the location of your device. We collect this information and use it to measure the use of the Website and to improve its content and performance. All of the information that is automatically submitted to us by your device is considered anonymous information.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not access our Website.
How Do We Use Information We Collect?
We collect personally identifiable information only for the following reasons:
- For providing the services you request;
- Generating statistical studies;
- Conducting marketing research;
- Improving products and services;
- Notifying you of any other changes to our site or services that may affect you;
- Providing you with any other information, products, or services you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including billing and collection;
- Notify you of changes to any products or services we offer or provide through the Website.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences;
- Speed up your searches;
- Recognize you when you use the Website;
- Track your location for services related to the Website, if you so choose;
- We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
We will not sell or give any personally identifiable information to any third parties.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Runabout’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Runabout App, LLC, or any parent company, about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With your consent;
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Runabouts, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Options Regarding Our Use of Your Information & Opt-Out Policy
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the Website to collect and use real-time information about your location (through the privacy settings). If you block the use of location information some parts of the Website may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to use your email address/contact information to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by following the opt-out method below.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising and Marketing. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, you can opt-out by following the opt-out method below.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
If at any time you do not wish to receive offers and e-mails from us, we ask that you tell us. You may remove your name from our mailing list by sending us an e-mail addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicating in the subject line “No Offers or E-mail.”
We operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary, and only authorized individuals have access to the personally identifiable information provided by our users. We do not, however, guarantee that unauthorized, inadvertent disclosure will never occur.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
Transfer of Customer Information
Customer lists and information are properly considered assets of a business. Accordingly, if we merge with another entity or if we sell our assets to another entity, our customer lists and information, including personally identifiable information you have provided us, would be included among the assets that would be transferred.